Wednesday, October 20, 2010

moonlight

Ah it feels like a long time.
I've had a diary at Open Diary since January 2004. I've enjoyed it and I plan to continue it but lately - as in for the past week - the site has been down. I expect it will return - if it doesn't then I've lost a good part of my life because I haven't been very good at backing it up. I haven't looked but I don't think I have a backup of it on this computer at all - and this is the only computer I have now.

Either way I feel ok. I have thought of having a mirror diary/blog if Open Diary comes back, and if it doesn't then this will be my place to write. I'm a live in the moment person so what matters is now.

Now is almost 9 pm on a Wednesday night. I'm in the blue chair, filled with convenience store cappucchino and Gus and Tony's house special pizza. I have Buzz the useless tom cat laying across my arms and making odd noises. I'm vaguely waiting for the Colorado train engineer to come on line.

It's warm for the season. The farmers have sold their souls for this fall. Perfect harvest weather and good crops. Machinery seems to be hanging together - except for a lot of tires needing replacement. Both steering tires on the combine, and a tractor tire of Dave's with a slow leak.

It's been an odd week - I'm off work. No work last Friday night and the a call on Monday telling me to stay home this week and probably come back next Monday. I applied on line for unemployment. There was no yoga this week. I'm lazy. Beyond lazy.

Kids may be coming home this weekend. Maybe tomorrow. Seems the kids have no school Thursday or Friday. I do have a date with the cultured ladies for lunch at Old Man River on Friday.

I guess that's it for my first entry. I plan to come back and bare my soul for you and for me. Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment